We at the Society of Evangelical Arminians pray that the Lord will bless you with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus our Lord in the coming year of 2016. We pray His Gospel will reach to the ends of the earth, for His glory, and for the salvation of all who will, by grace, trust in Jesus Christ. As always, we thank you for reading, and pray that your soul is strengthened in Christ by what is offered here week after week, month after month, and year after year.
- William G. Witt writes “Concerning Women’s Ordination and Church Tradition.”
- Joshua Valdez reviews two books: David E. Wilhite’s The Gospel According to Heretics, and Spiritual Companioning, by Angela H. Reed, Richard R. Osmer, and Marcus G. Smucker.
- Kingswood Hart, of The Predestination Station, grants us a “Structure of Romans 9:6-29.”
- Nick Quient, of Split Frame of Reference, brings us: “Advent and the Hope of Resurrection.”
- The Society of Evangelical Arminians highlights the Seussical post “Free Grace for All,” Part One of Ben Witherington and Chad Thornhill’s “The Chosen People: Election, Paul, and Second Temple Judaism,” William Birch’s “Arminius on the Gospel — The Gospel for All God’s Creatures,” and Dr. Dale Wayman’s post, “The Good News of Hell,” written by the late and much beloved Henri J.M. Nouwen.
- Traditional Southern Baptists at SBC Today publishes Leighton Flowers’ post, “Does Every Life Matter?“
- Andrew, of Acts 20/20, offers Ben Witherington and Chad Thornhill’s discussion: “Romans 8-11, Foreknowledge, and Election.”
- Asbury’s Seedbed highlights “The Means of Grace: A Critical Practice for Renewal in the Church,” and “The Soul of Shame.”
- Todd Wilhelm, of Thou Art the Man, grants all people sufficient warrant for boycotting the forthcoming Calvinist “Together for the Gospel” conference: “Protest T4G.”
- Scot McKnight, of Jesus Creed, promotes Wesley Walker’s “Calvinism and Pantheism and the Good.”
- Russell Veldman, of Faster Unto Thee, is reading “Athanasius on the Incarnation.”
- Dr. Dale Wayman offers: “8 Things to Never Say to Your Spouse,” “6 Trends That are Redefining the American Church,” and “7 Things Youth Need from Their Parents So They Won’t Abandon God.
- William Birch offers: “Religion in Sci-Fi Future,” and “Expectations on God.”
Inclusion of links here does not necessarily mean the linked material is Arminian or carries SEA’s approval. All links are offered because they are thought to be of potential interest to those who are engrossed in Arminian/Calvinist issues.