The Friday Files compiles links to posts from Arminian and other non-Calvinistic bloggers from around the globe. All links are offered because they are thought to be of potential interest to those who are interested in Arminian/Calvinist issues. Inclusion of links here does not necessarily mean the linked material is Arminian or carries SEA’s approval. Any commentary on highlighted material does not necessarily represent SEA’s viewpoint but belongs solely to the compiler.
- The Remonstrance podcast presents Minisode 16: Sola Fide with Wesley.
- The Society of Evangelical Arminians highlights Part Four of Ben Witherington’s review of Dr. Roger Olson’s book, Arminian Theology: Myths and Realities; Matthew Murphy explains “Why I May or May Not Respond to Every Comment“; Jeremy Ostrander writes: “Easy Believism versus True Salvation“; and Dr. Dale Wayman presents Wesley’s Four Questions on the Use of Money.
- Dr. Dale Wayman of IRONSTRIKES brings us “Jamaican Pride: Or is It?” in which the author tackles the thorny issue of pride; “Subtle (or Maybe Not So Subtle) Racism,” a convicting post regarding ways in which we may be racist without realizing it; “Racism is Sin,” which, tragically, is not realized even by some professing Christians; “Racism is My Problem,” as the author confronts each one of us as to the origins and propagation of racism; and, finally, “Racism is Sin,” another reminder of the subtleties of racism lodged in our hearts unawares.
- Asbury’s Seedbed offers “Thoughts on Wesleyan Leadership,” thoughts that include the idea that the “dance of leadership and followership is not limited to relational dynamics and personalities. It is cultural, economic, philosophical, and even spiritual.”
- Dr. Craig Keener of Bible Background brings us “Interpreting Pharaoh’s Dreams,” stating, “Sometimes we wonder why God allows bad things to happen on a large scale; but often warnings go unheeded or misunderstood because God’s agents are unheeded or unavailable.”