If you cannot see the player above follow this link: Remonstrance Episode 53
In this episode we will be discussing the dangers of “Perfectionism” and show how it is different from Wesley’s teachings on “Christian Perfection.” There are five major dangers of Perfectionism:
- It creates two “classes” of Christians
- It leads people to think they no longer need a Savior
- It leads to pride and superiority
- It puts an emphasis on works
- It leads to spiritual elitism
We will discuss how trying to teach “Christian Perfection” is like trying to defuse a bomb. We need to be careful and study to show ourselves approved. We then look at what Wesley taught about “Christian Perfection” and illustrate that it was both different from “Perfectionism” and serves as a corrective to it.