Video of Arminian pastor Bruxy Cavey answering various questions, several that are relevant to soteriology. The video can also be accessed on YouTube here.
Here are some of the things talked about:
1. If we are born sinful and in need of Jesus, isn’t that unfair? Isn’t God
responsible for my brokenness and need?
2. If “agape” is all give, why do compassion organizations say giving
alone creates dependency?
3. How do I give the gift of love and not become a doormat?
Love (agape) will always lead to what is best for all involved: God,
others, and us. Matthew 22:37-40
4. If you can’t forgive yourself for something, can God still forgive you?
5. Are humans basically good, bad, or neutral? What is your answer to
6. You mentioned the story of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16) isn’t
about hell as a final destination – is that what all Christians believe?
7. Why is John’s gospel so different from the other three? Were the
four gospel writers really talking about the same Jesus?
John 3:24, 11:2
8. If Jesus is the only way, truth, and life, how can we say babies will go
to heaven when they die? They never come to faith in him.
9. Given that God is all-powerful, all-knowing and infinite, how much of
a sacrifice was it for him to suffer through the finite punishment of
torture and death, knowing that he would come back to life?
10. Does John contradict himself when he says Jesus was baptizing and
then later says Jesus wasn’t baptizing?
11. How can we choose faith in Christ when Paul says “no one is
righteous” and “no one seeks God” (Romans 3:10-12)?
12. But isn’t faith a work?
13. Doesn’t Ezekiel 36:25-27 and 2 Corinthians 5:17 point to God’s
monergistic (unilateral) work in saving us, apart from our faith?
14. Why isn’t it more obvious that Christians have been “born again” and
have had something miraculous happen inside them?
Bruxy stated on his blog: “If you don’t like my answers, get in touch with me and we can chat about it either by BBM-ing me (Blackberry Messenger is on Apple and Android now so there is no excuse! Here is my PIN: 2B61151C ) or follow me on Facebook or Twitter @Bruxy.”